<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, November 14, 2003

Korea in Autumn Glory 

--->> Here's the Trip Album..
TRAVEL TRIVIA : (Nov 2/03)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Morning Glory
Solo. I decided to follow myself, to quench the thirst for
the resplendent shades of Fall.
Night-out on a south-bound train..to catch the soft, warm sun
showering the blessings of golden rays on the
Land of Morning Calm in all its glory..

To get a symbolic shot of the Fall, I've been looking
for the close shot of falling leaves or the fall of just one leaf.
From the previous wknd's trek to another mountain, in all of the 8kms,
i cud not get that damn single leaf !..
Imagine!. Colors and leaves everywhere.. but not that one to shoot..
(water, water everywhere...:) now, aint it teach u Patience ?!

<.<.Leafy Dream

But leaves were falling, not Hope. How I'd capture the falling one
was another question for which I had no definite Way,
but only the tripod of Will, Hope and some Patience, to place the
camera on! :)

During the early morning walk with the Korean friends I made in the
train,
saw this falling maple leaf stopped by one thin strand of gossamer... ..and I closed in,

..but it was hopelessly difficult to focus in close-up,
as it was continuously spinning on it even with no apparent wind.
Holding my breath couldn't help ! And it cud fall anytime.
Then I notice that some walking by, had what-this-fella-is-doin?-
going-round--wait--whateezit--a-goddamn-spinning-leaf?! look.
Anyway, after 15 minutes of shifty postures, I managed to click. Whew
!
Hummmfff... now I can breathe easy, back to the rythm. Just then,
the gossamer gave up.
The shot might be destined for the trash. But I'd keep it, for
sentimental reasons.


FALL-ing MapleLeaf in "Suspended Animation"... caught on a strand of gossamer.. The shot I've been after.. As if it's been waiting for me :) , I literally had a breathless time!.. and it fell off to the ground when the gossamer gave in just after I had my frames' fill.


The mood of the place, though I couldn't capture it,
was exciting, with sso many photographers lugging around
those heavy pro grade pods and cams with all range of size and shapes.


When I wound up my day, I's 'anxious' about 3 or 4 frames shot,
till I see them clearly, feeling gravid, I'd be going thru the pangs
of parturition,
for they were Carrying some simple ideas of capturing light,
..anxious they wud really Deliver !..
..aaahh.. they did ??! Well..., almost.

--->> Here's the Trip Album..

..................................................................................
Every creator painfully experiences the chasm between
his inner vision and its ultimate expression.

-Isaac Bashevis Singer, writer, Nobel laureate,(1904-1991)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?